- HSC certificate, Caringbah High School 2008
- BA Media and Communications, Sydney University
- Major in Arabic and Islamic Studies
Multi-Platform Journalist, Archdiocese of Hobart, 2015
•Management of Archdiocesan social media feeds (including Facebook)
•Journalist for Catholic Standard, Tasmania’s Catholic Newspaper
•Video and podcast producer
Social Media Co-ordinator, X Factor Australia, Fremantle Media, 2014
•Copy, video and image content creation across all social media platforms and blogs for an audience of one million fans.
•Management of metrics and user data for Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
•Contribution to Sky’s Twitter presence for Sport, Business and National Stories.
• Concise, accurate copy written for TV rolling info. and Sky News website.
Intern, SBS, 2013
- Helped log and catalogue news footage
- Assisted reporters on stories
- Transcribed, cut and logged interviews
- Court reporter, notes uses in cases like Corey Barker’s Ballina police mistreatment
Switched on Media, 2012
Journalist and producer
- Published Sydney travel articles
- Blog posts for Sydney hotel companies
- Media releases and campaigns for residential communities
- Programmer: website of Stocklands residential programme
Inner West Courier, News Local publication, 2011-2012
- Published articles include inner-city community stories: Migrant community tensions, prizes awarded to school sports heroes and Christmas hamper donations collected by a community group.
- Interviews and research conducted with community spokespeople, local members and citizens.
- Sub-editing skills acquired.
Time Out Sydney, 2010-2011
- Published work includes Inner City event and community stories: famous local personalities, parades, standup-comedy reviews (viewable here)
- Online listings system contributor of event dates, times and explanations
- Interviews and research: toured city hotpots and spoke to community spokespeople
Journalism 401 course
Student exchange programme, University of Wisconsin, Madison
- Reported on local stories: elections, homelessness issues, youth crime
- Work published on programme blog-site, included feature investigations on homelessness as well as short stories about student protests (viewable here)
- Research skills acquired through close engagement with the community
SBS television programme, “The Crew”
Host and production volunteer
- Hosted TV programme
- Scripted episodes and conducted interviews
- Presentation and filming skills acquired
Christian Media Productions, Producer and host
Host and producer
- Host of TV shows
- Script Writer: research and episode planning
- Presenter in studio and on outside shoots
- Planned and hosted large fundraising event
- On air presenter, weekly hour long show
- Episode planning: news research, scripting
- Control of radio sound board/ listener call-ins
Radio, administrative work, publicity
- Announcer of community service commercials
- Composed and recorded community service announcements, on-air advertising statements for local business sponsors
Skills/ Community Work
- Middle East studies major. Confident in spoken Egyptian Arabic
- Interfaith ecumenism officer for various student organisations