- HSC certificate, Caringbah High School 2008
- BA Media and Communications, Sydney University
- Major in Arabic and Islamic Studies
September 2016 – Content Specialist
present Caritas Australia
Caritas Australia (CA) is the Catholic agency for international humanitarian relief
and development in Australia. Through effective relationships with the Church,
partners and communities in Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Pacific and
Australia, Caritas Australia helps to end poverty, promote justice and uphold
dignity. It is part of the second largest humanitarian network in the world and is a
highly respected voice in the aid and international development sector.
- Create written and multimedia packages, for the Agency and internal and
external stakeholders that maintain a consistent voice, messaging and visual
identity across all CA’s communications resources.
- Implement through role, CA’s Communications strategies that elevate the
Agency’s profile and brand to encourage greater engagement with stakeholders.
- Contribute to a supportive, collaborative Digital and Content team that is
capable of servicing the Agency’s increased demand for the development and
delivery of materials and resources.
- Authored the organisation’s Summer 2016 newsletter, sourcing photos, quotes
and other material for the twelve-page publication. Caritas News is mailed to
roughly 50 000 supporter homes and is responsible for creating substantial
increases in Caritas revenue, including the $1.4 million revenue increase created
by the Autumn newsletter.
- Improved the streamlining of effective digital communications channels for
Caritas media by implementing new software and systems management.
- Liaised with CEO, programs teams, supporters and communications teams to
deliver timely press releases, FAQ statements (Frequently asked questions) and
other media for Caritas Australia.
August 2015 – Multi-platform journalist
March 2016 Archdiocese of Hobart
The Catholic Church in Tasmania is the Archdiocese of Hobart, which is entrusted to the Archbishop of Hobart, the Most Reverend Julian Porteous DD. Within the greater collective of Catholic agencies, like Catholic Care, the Church is the largest non-government employer in the State, employing around 5000 people of all faiths, cultures, religions and backgrounds.
- Accompany the Archbishop of Hobart to official events in Tasmania for the purposes of acquiring multimedia content. Post and blog content relating to the Archbishop and official events across web and social media platforms.
- Liaise daily with AOH Communications and Marketing staff to identify, research, write, and deliver multimedia content for Catholic & secular media consumption to strict deadlines.
- Arrange interviews with members of the clergy, heads of Catholic Care agencies, Catholic Schools and Colleges, parishioners and members of the public to produce written and digital content.
- Re-write and re-purpose national media releases from Archdiocesan agencies and the Australian Catholic Bishop’s Conference for Catholic & secular media consumption.
- Journalist for Tasmanian Catholic newspaper, the Catholic Standard.
- Managed and improved media presence of the Catholic Church in Tasmania, especially social media management of the State’s Archbishop during a tumultuous anti-discrimination case. Content produced was picked up by Sydney’s Catholic Weekly and Brisbane’s Catholic Leader.
- Highlighted the challenges and achievements of small communities and of social justice campaigns in the State of Tasmania, like the Clemente programme and migrant support initiatives.
- Produced a professional package of video and audio content, including a high-quality stream of podcasts and YouTube videos, highlighting stories from the Catholic church in Tasmania.
June 2014 – Content Producer, CRADIO
CRADIO (Casual position)
CRADIO (Catholic Radio) is a popular online streaming radio station airing
content to thousands of Catholic youth. With over two-thousand Facebook
followers it offers a 24-hour live stream of music, interviews and homilies as well
as a vast online library of edifying and entertaining podcasts.
- Journalist, writing news stories of interest to Catholic and secular audiences.
- Use of metrics and insights software to promote and track CRADIO content across Facebook and Twitter.
- Planning and presentation of fortnightly podcast, Conversations with Daniel Nour, with leading experts on hot topics like Capital Punishment, the Church and homosexuality and Science and Catholicism.
- Created an online catalogue of podcast hubs on the CRADIO website combining information about each of the seven sacraments and powerful podcasts. This resource was prepared for distribution to CRADIO’s partner churches in Sydney.
- Presenter of fortnightly podcast, talking to a broad range of experts to tackle hot topics of interest to the church and to secular society. Interviews were held about the Catholic church’s role in the Crusades, its historical connection to science, and Australia’s scandalous treatment of Asylum Seekers, to name but a few.
X Factor Australia, Season 6, Fremantle Media
Social Media Coordinator, X Factor Australia, Fremantle Media, 2014
- Copy, video and image content creation across all social media platforms and blogs for an online audience of one million fans.
- Management of metrics and user data for Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Delivery of high quality content according to a strict social media content management schedule which was managed on google docs.
- Use of Photoshop, Gifmaker and other online platforms to optimise content for the pixel and image specs of different social media platforms (including Instagram, Twitter and Facebook)
- Real time management of the X-Factor’s Social Media during live shows. Typos or misinformation can be catastrophic with large and highly responsive audiences. This real time social media management demands an ability to think on one’s feet.
- Engagement with the voice of the X Factor and the curation and encouragement of a vibrant online community
- Discreet and effective management of the expectations of various corporate sponsors (Macdonalds, KFC, etc.) while preserving the ‘house style’ of the show
March 2014 – Digital Producer
May 2014 Sky News, Australia News Channel
Sky News, Australia News Channel
Sky News, a leading Australian news channel, breaking news and top stories with 24 hour a day coverage from around Australia and the World. A small team of digital producers are integral to the channel’s news presence, producing content for TV and Sky’s website.
- Maintaining the Sky News Australia website, multiview channels and ticker.
- Sourcing stories for the website from wires or rewriting stories from other sources, reformatting stories for web and including pictures and video content sourced from either Sky News Australia or its affiliates.
- Producing video updates for the website and multiview channels, updating the multiview channels with new content as well as the Sky News ticker.
- Wrote news stories for Sky News website
- Produced video packages for Sky News website
- Leveraged Sky’s social media presence to maximise potential reach of news stories
June 2012 – Content Producer
July 2013 Switched On Media
Switched On Media
Switched on Media is a digital marketing agency with offices in Sydney, Tallinn and London. It is at the forefront of digital thinking and technology and focusses on working with its clients to develop complete and integrated marketing solutions.
- Content production for Switched On Media’s online platforms, including blog posts and copy for corporate websites.
- Website construction with attractive widgets, photos and informative info. Boxes.
- Worked with a small team of programmers to construct Stocklands Australia’s campaign website, populating it with photos and information and re-writing Stocklands Australian corporate information for use on the website.
- Regular blogger for Stocklands Australia, creating informative, natural copy about Stocklands corporate clients.
Referees are available upon request.